• 1-804-314-4071
  • Contact

Let's Keep In Touch!X

Sending your message. Please wait...

Thanks for sending your message! We'll get back to you shortly.

There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.

Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.

OUR BLOG

Today’s WOD

By admin | In WOD | on April 16, 2011

CrossFit Games Open 11.4

AMRAP 10 Min

60 Bar-facing burpees
30 Overhead squats (120/90)
10 Muscle-ups

7 Comments to "Today’s WOD"

• Mark says:

April 25, 2011 at 2:45 am -

Not many people at this box can do muscle ups can they. good luck with this one. that is if you make it to the muscle ups.

1. Tim says:

April 25, 2011 at 8:19 pm -

Actually, Mark quite a few of us have muscle ups. However, it becomes increasingly difficult to execute them after doing 60 burpees and 30 OHS at 120/90#’s. By the way, how did you do on this one?

2. Kathryn says:

April 26, 2011 at 12:27 am -

The great thing about our trainers programming is that just because only a few people can do a certain movement, doesn’t mean that they never program it. It takes practice to master a skill. Was everyone born with the skill to do a muscle up? I think not. Our trainers push our atheletes to do what they are not only good at but what they are not as well. I would not care if a single athelete at our box could not do a muscle up but, the fact they come to class and perform the WOD, perhaps scaling, makes me PROUD. Maybe you should go back to Crossfit 101????

• Shaffer says:

April 26, 2011 at 7:29 am -

What an interesting comment. I am very proud to say I, and many others can do a muscle up. However it is not a very useful skill in sports or the normal everyday world. I thought CrossFit was about community and support and getting better and being prepared for taking on everyday challenges.
    Congrats to anyone who is competing in the Games and pushing themselves to the limit.

1. Jen says:

April 26, 2011 at 12:27 pm -

Shaffer, I couldn’t agree with you and Kathryn more. Do I have a muscle up? Yes. Was I able to do it with a full 2 minutes left during the games WOD? Nope. End of the day, I want CrossFit to translate over to my everyday life and whatever sport I may choose to pick up. I’m surrounded everyday by individuals who push themselves to their physical and mental limits and I’m constantly inspired by you all. I’m honored to be a part of a community that doesn’t frown upon someone because they can’t execute a particular skill.

1. Jen says:

April 26, 2011 at 1:41 pm -

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us Jason. I’m sorry, “Mark.”

• Jason says:

April 26, 2011 at 5:49 pm -

UMMMM?? I was told to have a look on here about a comment that “I” made. Sorry that was not me. I would like to think that I would be more imaginative than that. And I would use a better name , like Dirk. Anyway, hope all is going well at your new gym. Good luck to the ones competing in the games.

COPYRIGHT ©FIT 2014. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.