• 1-804-314-4071
  • Contact

Let's Keep In Touch!X

Sending your message. Please wait...

Thanks for sending your message! We'll get back to you shortly.

There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.

Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.

OUR BLOG

Monday 11-28-11

By Jen | In WOD | on November 27, 2011

Wendler Cycle Week 4 – Front squat
40% x 5
50% x 5
60% x 5

Skill:
Hang squat cleans

“There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density enhancement, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning than the correctly performed full squat.” ~Rip

9 Comments to "Monday 11-28-11"

• WayneC says:

November 28, 2011 at 2:21 pm -

In that quote Rip was not referring to front squats – just sayin πŸ˜‰

• Jen says:

November 28, 2011 at 2:23 pm -

Hahaha! Yeah, well. I think that quote still applies to the front squat. πŸ™‚ Not to mention we are looking to increase those numbers on squat cleans at the completion of this particular Wendler Cycle.

• Paul says:

November 28, 2011 at 3:22 pm -

Don’t be scared Wayne πŸ™‚

• WayneC says:

November 28, 2011 at 4:19 pm -

paul, i am admittedly scared of a lot of things, but squats aren’t one of them (back or front ; )

i’ve just been jonesing for some heavy back squats because it feels like forever since i’ve done them

cherrypicker alert !!!

• Jen says:

November 28, 2011 at 7:28 pm -

Don’t you worry, Wayne! Back squats will reappear soon enough. There is method to my madness I assure you. πŸ™‚ Speaking of cherry picker alert- I saw you signed up for class on Turkey Day and then that morning your name magically disappeared. Did you take a look and decide oh hell no? Hahaha!

• Jess says:

November 28, 2011 at 8:27 pm -

Jen, I texted Wayne that afternoon and gave him crap for cherry picking….got this weak excuse about needing more sleep πŸ˜‰

• Jen says:

November 28, 2011 at 8:59 pm -

Hahaha, Jess!

• WayneC says:

November 28, 2011 at 10:16 pm -

i reserve the right to cherry pick on national holidays and other special occasions πŸ˜‰

• Jess says:

November 29, 2011 at 9:07 am -

Just giving you a hard time Wayne….after giving it some thought, I almost wish I had looked at the WOD before coming too…..at least I would have been more mentally prepared for the ass kicking I got!

COPYRIGHT Β©FIT 2014. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.