• 1-804-314-4071
  • Contact

Let's Keep In Touch!X

Sending your message. Please wait...

Thanks for sending your message! We'll get back to you shortly.

There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.

Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.

OUR BLOG

Wednesday 11-30-11

By Jen | In WOD | on November 29, 2011

EMOTM for 12 minutes
7 Kettlebell swings (American) 1.5/1pood
7 SDHP w/ same kettlebell
14 Double unders

7 Comments to "Wednesday 11-30-11"

• Beckie says:

November 30, 2011 at 11:13 am -

Wow – this was a good one! I made it through 5 rds OTM – 1 pood for swings/one level down for SDHP/single jumps; then 2 rds OTM swinging & SDHP with “green” kettle bell; then 4 rds of an AMRAP. So, 11 rounds all total, however you want to score it!! Had to stop 2 times to get breathing under control. SDHP has definitely the hardest part of this WOD for me. Tim had no chance against Kim, Kathryn, Audrey and me! Way to go 9:30 class!!

• Jen says:

November 30, 2011 at 1:58 pm -

That’s what I’m talkin’ about, Beckie. It’s about knowing your body and not being too proud to drop weight if that’s what it takes to complete a wod safely and with the most benefit. The SDHP was the toughest for me too. I’ve mentioned this before but I typically don’t program the movement because it can be so tough on the shoulders when REPETITIVELY done incorrectly. THE SDHP is mostly about hip extension, not arm pull. ALWAYS choose a weight that will allow you to perform the movement properly. Don’t be too proud the bring that weight down if the mechanics of the movement grossly deteriorate. Please and thank you. 😉

• rick says:

November 30, 2011 at 2:36 pm -

certainly harder than meets the eye. Completed all 12 rounds but not without some pain.

Great job 6:00 am crew!

• Beckie says:

November 30, 2011 at 2:55 pm -

Jen, I don’t think I could have done even 1 rep correctly with the 1 pood! Had no issues with the green bell (what IS that weight!) – my glutes & hammies are feeling that movement, not my shoulders BECAUSE I actually listened to Tim from the get-go (don’t tell him!)

• Tim says:

November 30, 2011 at 4:00 pm -

Agreed, Rick. When I programmed this one I was really afraid it wouldn’t be challenging enough. I was proven wrong when I tested it out yesterday. The EMOTM wods are designed as more of a sprint recovery. If you have 15-25 sec rest each round, you are hanging in the right place.

Beckie, it’ll be our secret. 😉 And you are correct. If all exercies are done correctly, shoulders should not be negatively affected.

• Jen says:

November 30, 2011 at 4:00 pm -

Ooops! That was me. Didn’t realize I was signed in as Tim.

• Brandon says:

November 30, 2011 at 8:23 pm -

That hurt. I’m in need of a rest day tomorrow, but I don’t think working from 330am to 630pm counts as a rest day? Made it through all 12 minutes. Nice work by the 6pm crew.

COPYRIGHT ©FIT 2014. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.